A view from the Top
We have experienced three extremely unsettling years with the global pandemic, major geopolitical shifts and a looming recession. Our c-suite panel will share their expert insights on:
• Lessons from the last three years and how this has helped us build greater resilience into our organisations
• Key challenges and opportunities as we continue to navigate a volatile risk landscape.
• Opportunities within emerging markets. What are some of the developments and innovations that are exciting us and why (eg insurtech and distribution)?
• Role of the industry as we facilitate the ongoing transition to Net Zero.
• Looking to the future - how do we maintain our relevance in a world of change and disruption.
Watchwords include 'talent' 'innovation', 'technology' and 'sustainability'
Sustainability and insurance
How can the insurance industry take a lead and innovate when it comes to the net zero transition and broader sustainability agenda? Beyond adapting their own business models and setting benchmarks to chart their progress, insurers, reinsurers and brokers also have an important role to play in supporting the transition journeys of their insureds. So how can they take a lead?
Industry sectors - including energy and power, construction, aviation and utilities among others - will need support as they introduce new technologies and strategies. How can insurers incentivise change and strike the right balance? How can underwriters prepare themselves to assess new and emerging risks? Should insureds be rewarded for attaining a high ESG score or achieving their sustainable development goals?
Session hosted by the DIFC
Fireside chat with Dame Susan Rice
Earthquake risk is among the primary natural catastrophe concerns across the Middle East. This is particularly important as the region has experienced a notably high exposure growth and development. This session touches on the importance of catastrophe modeling in earthquake risk assessment for the purposes of the (re)insurance industry, and provides motivation and highlights of the Verisk Middle East Earthquake model which will be released in June 2023.
Looking to Emerging Markets From regulatory growth, better market access, to the insurtech revolution, there are several reasons for the growth of the insurance industry in emerging markets. What are some of the ingredients supporting the rapid growth of insurance in emerging markets? How has growth been affected by the shocks of the past three years? What sort of recovery should we expect to see? What are some of the emerging markets to watch and why?
How can the industry attract and retain the skills and talent it needs by – among other things – inspiring rising professionals. Following on from the DIFC's successful Talent Week 2023, we look at how the industry can better attract and retain skills and talent and why Dubai is proving such an important hub.
• Everyone is talking about the Great Resignation. What are the issues today in recruiting and retaining the best skills and talent?
• How important is a diverse and inclusive culture?
• Rising professionals are looking for more than just financial incentives. How should re/insurers be attracting them?
As the industry evolves and becomes more data and analytics in focus, which skills will come to the fore?
Join us at the Ritz Carlton DIFC Rooftop Pool Deck for the official DWIC2023 Welcome Drinks Reception
Spotlight: Underwriting. In an era of uncertainty: How important is underwriting discipline as we continue to navigate this period of uncertainty and rising claims? Over the next five years, underwriting discipline will determine the winners and losers in commercial insurance.