Mr. Jaffer Mazaal is a leading insurance expert specialized in product development, pricing, insurance contracts review, portfolio management and business development. He currently works with Braxtone Group to service clients across the GCC.
In addition, he has extensive experience in the delivery of training courses and managing projects as the ‘communication channel’ with IT, marketing, actuaries and HR.
Mr. Mazaal has a proven track record of developing insurance departments in start-ups and established entities, with responsibility of managing people and budgets. He is well-versed in improving portfolio performance through better management of the risk pool. Jaffer was engaged by the Chartered Insurance Institute as one of the reviewers of the “Insurance Underwriting (non-UK)” study text, to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness for the target audience.
In previous roles, his responsibilities included:
• Senior Regional Commercial Support Manager at Takaud Savings and Pensions – his responsibilities included setting up lead generation and Project Management Office within the organization, as well as managing Board reports, budgeting and training needs analysis.
• Regional Manager Products and Campaigns in the GCC region at AXA Gulf where he created new product strategies for each country in the GCC and provided the technical support for the claims department and the bancassurance team;
• Vice President at Dar Al Takaful in UAE where he overhauled the Personal Lines portfolio, set up the Marketing and Quality Control department and developed shariah-compliant products;
• Regional Manager for the Chartered Insurance Institute developing the CII business in the GCC, working with insurance companies, regulators and training institutes;
• Portfolio Manager at AIG Takaful where he was involved in the set-up of the operation, creating broker relationships and building a profitable multi-million-dollar retail portfolio.
His academic and professional credentials include:
• Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII), UK.
• Bachelor of Engineering, Cardiff University, UK.